Wilmington Misdiagnosis Attorney
Symptoms of a variety of illnesses and diseases can be very similar and make it difficult for doctors to make a correct diagnosis. However, it is their job and their expertise to ensure that the proper diagnosis can be rendered in order for a patient to be given the proper treatment.
If you or a loved one has been misdiagnosed, or doctors failed to diagnose a condition, turn to us at the law firm of Murphy & Landon. From our Wilmington, Delaware, office, we aggressively stand up for the rights of patients and their families. Our firm believes very strongly that doctors and other medical professionals should be held to the highest standards of care when caring for patients. A misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose can mean death for the patient, when it did not have to be the end result. Let us help you deal with the aftermath of a misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose or other medical malpractice case.
Examples of misdiagnosis and failure to diagnose can include, but are not limited to:
- Failure to diagnose a heart attack (failure to order proper testing, such as EKGs or catheterization)
- Failure to diagnosis cancer early enough to treat it
- Misdiagnosis of cancer (thinking one type of cancer was indicated when it was actually another)
- Failure to diagnose stroke, resulting in oxygen deprivation, brain damage or death
- Failure to diagnose appendicitis, leading to the fatal rupturing of the appendix
- Failure to diagnose spinal meningitis
- Failure to properly treat or prevent surgically-caused injuries, such as a surgical sponge or other instruments left in the body
- Failure to diagnose or the misdiagnosis of dangerous situations during a pregnancy, resulting in birth injuries or injuries to the mother
Whenever necessary, we enlist the assistance of the appropriate experts to determine if your doctor overlooked recognizable symptoms and failed to order proper tests to diagnose your condition. If your health condition was misdiagnosed despite clearly observable symptoms, we work hard to hold the health care providers accountable to recover compensation for any losses you suffered.
Wilmington Misdiagnosis Lawyer
Request Free Consultation
More Practice Areas
- Auto Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Bad Faith